ROUND 6 IRISH GEOGRAPHY
- Ireland’s prevailing wind blows from what direction?
- Sandstone and shale are rocks found in Ireland. To what group of rocks do they belong?
- What shape are the columns of basalt in the Giant’s Causeway?
- Ardee, Carlingford and Dunleer are in what county?
- What major river flows through the town of Carlow?
- Name the highest waterfall in Ireland?
- Ailwee Cave in the Burren has features such as stalagmites and stalactites. Does a stalagmite hang from the roof or rise from the floor in a cave? Hang or rise?
- Ainmnigh an loch is mó ar an Sionann?