Autumn fishing on Inniscarra is a FEEDERFEST!
One hundred anglers enjoyed five days of match fishing on Inniscarra Reservoir over the bank holiday weekend in mild conditions. The competition was fished on the Coachford Greenway and continuing with the legacy of the World Feeder Fishing Championships of 2014 it was tip fishing only featuring other well-known feeder fishing venues such as the Garden Centre, Graveyard and Inishleena.
The close match saw Steve Ringer go into the final day in third position to catch 237 roach and finish the winner. Steve finished with 52.010kg, 5kg ahead of County Cavan based angler Neil Mazurek who presented a steady performance throughout for 46.070kg. Less than a kilo behind was Dean Barlow with 425.200kg for third place. Steve Ringer coincidently won his first Gold medal on the venue in 2014 along with Team England who also scored gold and many of whom were back one the lake for the first time.
1 Steve Ringer, England 52.010kg
2 NEIL MAZUREK, Ireland 46.070kg
3 Dean Barlow, England 45.200kg
4 Adam Wakelin, England 44.120kg
5 Robert Wootton, England 45.520kg
6 LEO KOOT, Holland 41.460kg
7 PHIL IRVING, England 40.880kg
8 PHIL RINGER, England 40.760kg
Fantastic sponsorship from Guinness contributed to a massive prize fund of €23,000 along with €5,000 of tackle from Sensas Ireland provided the top eight winners with super cash prizes on top of daily and section wins. For the winner was a custom-made trophy complete with a hand-crafted feeder hallmarked in Cork silver commissioned by sponsors Jackie Lennox Chip Shop. O’Callaghans Bar & Guest House and O’Riordan’s Bars in Coachford looked after the anglers superbly even giving the anglers the opportunity to pour their own pint!
The match attracted some of the finest feeder anglers from across Europe and created a buzz in Coachford and the surrounding area not seen since the championships of 2014. And with a combination of 20lb of roach a day and the superb local hospitality Feederfest is sure to set itself securely on the match fishing calendar.
Inniscarra Lake Tourism Development Limited, the angling group who look after the area congratulate the winners and thank everyone who took part; 90% of whom travelled from overseas. Thank you to Guinness, it’s great to have a commercial sponsor onboard with angling events and a pleasure to work with, along with Sensas Ireland and Jackie Lennox Chip Shop, Cork.
Next up for Inniscarra is the Sensas Challenge with anglers from Ireland and France fishing a team competiton over the weekend of 12th & 13th of November. The National Coarse Fishing Federation of Ireland are set to host the World Youth Angling Championships on the Coachford Greenway in August 2017 which could see 50 junior teams from across the world on the venue.
Feederfest Ireland 2016, Inniscarra Lake, Coachford, Co. Cork.
If you are visiting Coachford for Feederfest 2016 PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS.
– O‘Callaghans Bar in the centre of Coachford. The draw venue for many of our festivals. Great beer, great food (including the famous breakfast!) and great Craic. A supporter of our festivals for many years.
– O’Riordans Bar. Another great bar and draw venue for many festivals. It’s directly opposite O’Callaghans Bar so you won’t have far to walk!
– Granvilles Restaurant, Macroom. sponsors of the Granville Cup.
You’ll get a warm welcome from Leonie Granville and staff at this superb restaurant, about a 15 minute drive from Coachford. Let them know your fishing the festival and you will receive a 10% discount off of the A la Carte menu. Booking is advisable during festival weeks.
– Mai Fitzs Bar and Restaurant. A 10 minute drive from Coachford on the main Cork to Macroom Road. Great food at great prices and serving food from 9am to 9pm.
– Kathleen’s Grocers. In the centre of Coachford. Kathleen has been sponsoring festivals for over 20 years. Pleas visit her for all your snacks and drinks.
– Cooneys Garage, Coachford. Not just fuel. Get your drinks and snacks here, they also do a great takeaway Pizza!
– Hogans Oaklands, Coachford. A superb place to stay and within walking distance of the bars! John and Siobhan have been sponsoring festivals for many years. A real home from home.
– Fountain House. Just outside of Macroom and about 15 minutes from Coachford. A great favourite of the England Feeder Team!
– Coolcower House, Macroom. Lots of rooms, lots of space, 2 tackle rooms, in fact everything an angler needs. A great favourite of our Dutch visitors.
Permits are available to purchase from O’Callaghan’s Bar & Guest-house and at Cooney’s Filling Station & Quik Pick store at the following prices.
Senior Annual Permit €30 *
Senior Weekly Permit €15
Senior Daily Permit €10
Junior Annual Permit €15 *
Junior Weekly Permit €10
Junior Daily Permit €5
* Passport size photo’s are required for Annual Permits.
For coarse angling reports and festival results visit www.facebook.com/InniscarralakeTDL